Thursday 21 November 2013

Top home education products from Schoolhouse Review Crew 2013

The Schoolhouse Review Crew has just voted on its favourite products for the year. The winners have been awarded the Blue Ribbon Awards. Do have a look to see which home education products won accolades from real life home educators.

As a member of the Crew, I reviewed some of these products and of course, we have our family favourites.
So, here they are

Middle Son's favourites were Mayan Mystery and Bridgeway English.

Younger Daughter loves the Great Empires from Homeschool in the Woods.

Youngest Son's vote goes to the If you were me and lived in... books from Away we go media.

My own favourites are IXL maths practice site, the If you were me books, the Circle time book by Kendra Fletcher and the Homegrown Preschooler.

These are products that we are still using. The Circle Time book has shaped the way that I teach my younger children. IXL is used on an almost daily basis. The If you were me books are often reread and we talk about how we would like to visit the ice hotel or other places mentioned in the books. The homegrown preschooler is a reference book that sits on my bedside table for encouragement and ideas.

Middle Son uses Bridgeway English and Middle Daughter has units from Great Empires to add to our history studies.

At the end of the post about the Blue Ribbon awards is a link to the products that other Crew members have loved. Do pop over to see the products that others recommend.




No comments:

Post a Comment