Monday 1 August 2011

Bears

Our 5-a-Day books this week are around the theme of bears. It was so easy to find five books on this theme and there are so many more. I'm really not sure why so many children's books go for this idea.


We have some activities planned out about bears. Today, we had the story of Goldilocks and the three bears.

Brown bear, brown bear by Bill Martin Jr and Eric Carle is a book that we have read for 5-a-Day before, and a few times between!

This is the bear by Sarah Hayes is the story of a bear who gets sent to the dump. Another book that has been read more times than I care to think about.

That's not my teddy is from the well known "That's not my" series by Fiona Watt. Little ones like the touchy-feely pages.

One bear at bedtime by Mick Inkpen is part of a compendium called Bear Stories. A counting book but probably more fun than most books of this genre.

Can't you sleep, Little Bear? by Martin Waddell. Well, the theme is suggested by the title. I'm never sure about books about sleeping. Sometimes they seem to induce insomnia. We tend to read 5-a-Day early in the morning so hopefully, the effect will wear off.

This is linked to
5 a day books

2 comments:

  1. My kiddos LOVE Brown bear brown bear. I will have to look into thats not my Teddy. My kiddos love the thats not my series.

    ReplyDelete