Thursday 18 November 2010

Iron sharpeneth iron

"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." Proverbs 27 v17

I thought of this verse today.
Three local Christian home educating families met. None us had met before a couple of weeks ago.
The children spent time doing art, dressing up and enjoying being together.
Salad spinner art. All my art ideas are from others-I borrowed this one from Anna at The Imagination Tree.
Badge cards-idea from Mister Maker, watched on BBCiplayer!
I found so much cause for thanksgiving in my meeting with the Mums. They've shared practical thoughts, with two curriculum sites to explore and a great idea to inspire French learning. I can't wait to try bagels with bacon and maple syrup for breakfast and yes, I am going to be brave and get the pressure cooker out again.
Thank you, ladies.

3 comments:

  1. They turned out beautifully! You MUST have pancakes with your bacon and maple syrup. Simply delicious (and very American!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh - you haven't had bacon with maple syrup??? We loooooove it - but then, I have visited the US, and had it there! Maple muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon and maple syrup! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I've come across your blog via the "Training Up Our Children" blog and am enjoying reading it. You certainly have a busy time with home educating.

    ReplyDelete